Monday, March 9, 2009

The Girls

There are a few things that I have wanted to post about the girls the last few weeks.

Avery has hit a stage that I am not sure I like and I am not sure exactly how to handle. She is getting extremely good at throwing tantrums, and being defiant. She has become very good at ignoring us altogether. I thought she was hard headed before, it has gotten worse. She is almost always at the extremes. She is either being really good, or really bad. We haven't found a middle ground lately. I guess it is all part of growing up, and I am sure it is the Lord's way of teaching me patience. I wish I was better at it though.

She has so many cute moments. I wish I could have a tape recorder or video recorder on constantly to catch all her cute and quirky moments. She has become quite the tattle tail. The ironic part is she tattles on herself. The other morning I was in the kitchen making breakfast and she comes down the hall from my bedroom and says, "Mom I'm in trouble." I asked her why she was in trouble and she said, "I broke daddy's stuff." In my mind I am laughing but while I talk to her I am trying so hard to be serious. I asked her what she broke as I headed down the hall to see what the damage was. We get into the room and luckily she had just undone the screw on a vice that Dave has to site in a gun. She really hadn't broken anything. She also is becoming very bossy. I like to call her bossy cow. She doesn't like that too much. She always tells me I'm not a bossy cow I'm Avery. She is a very good helper. She likes to help me with the laundry, she is great a sorting the clothes, and she loves to help with the dishes.

We finally got Emmabelle in for a check up with the doctor. She weighs in at 19 lbs, and is 27 1/2 in long. She is in the 40th percentile. She is also trying to be a good helper. She likes to hand me one article of clothing at a time out of the basket when we are sorting clothes. It is so cute. She picks up one thing hands it to me and then contiues until the basket is empty. She has learned how to hold a phone up to her ear. The other morning I caught her doing it and she just looked so adorable trying to get the phone to her ear. It is amazing how they catch on to certain things. She tried eating her cereal off the floor like a dog. She would just stick her tongue out and touch it to the cereal on the floor. I am sure she picked that one up from her sister. She also really enjoys taking puzzles apart. While we were at Grandma Mortensen's house that was one of her favorite things to do.

No comments: