Thursday, December 10, 2009

Weekend in Flagstaff

This last weekend the 3-6 we were able to take a trip to Flagstaff to visit Dave's parents. We left Thursday evening after Dave got off work. Friday we were able to do a little shopping. The girls played at the Mall, Avery sat on Santa's lap, and we were able to have a nice dinner at Olive Garden with Dave's parents and sister. Saturday we lounged around most of the morning. We went and took a family picture which was quite a project. We ended up using the timer on my camera and setting it up on the tripod. Not to mention it was freezing cold and so we had to bribe the kids to take a really fast picture. The got a kick out of me running to get in the picture so we actually had one turn out pretty decent. That was my only goal. I didn't care if I had a lot to choose from I just wanted one good picture. Mission accomplished. We went back to Grandma's and Grandpa's and had hot chocolate which is now Avery's favoite. That night we went to Clay and Mary's ward party. The girls got to see Santa again (aka. Papa dressed in a Santa suit). Neither one of them had a clue that it was him. Emmabelle didn't like Santa. I ended up having to hold her next to him and take a picture with them. Later we went back and got a family picture with him. I will post those pictures once I get them. Sunday morning we just spent time with Dave's family before they went to church and then we packed up and headed out just in the nick of time. Within the next couple of days they got about 20-24 in. of snow. It was a nice relaxing weekend and we had so much fun.

No comments: