Thursday, July 9, 2009

"I Still Love You"

Avery is very much a Daddy's girl. It has always been the routine that Dave puts her to bed. Just recently we decided to start taking turns taking her to bed. So every night that it isn't Dave's turn it becomes a huge fight to get her to let me take her. There are tears and yelling along with I want Daddy to take me. We proceed to remind her that we are taking turns now and it is mommy's turn to take her and eventually she gives in. The other night we were discussing whose turn it was to take her and if you ask her of course it is always Daddy's turn. I put on my pouty face and told her that I wanted to take her. She told me that it was Dad's turn. Then she just looked at me and said in a matter of fact tone, "but I still love you mom." As much as it makes me sad sometimes to always be shunned by her this just made me feel so good. Dave and I just laughed.

No comments: