Sunday, September 28, 2008

Avery turns Two!!!

This Saturday was Avery's second birthday. I can hardly believe how fast time flies. This year I decided to start a new birthday tradition, door decorating. So Friday night after Avery fell asleep I decorated her door. It looked so cute.
So in the morning when Avery woke up we weren't sure what her reaction was going to be. I had gotten in the shower and just before I got out she woke up. She opened her door and this is how it went. "What happened to my door? What did you do to my door? What happened to my door, Mom?" Dave got out of bed and when he went to get her she was headed down the hall looking for me in the other room. So at first she was quite concerned. Then when I got out in the hall she seemed to be warming up to it. I explained to her that it was special for her happy birthday. After the explanation and once she realized that it was for her she was more than ok with it. She didn't stop talking about her "happy birthday". She was so excited about the candy and the balloons. The rest of the morning she wanted us to hang out there by her "happy birthday".

We had her party in the afternoon so that all those who were traveling could make it. We live next to the Safford Stake center so we like to utilize their facilities. They have lots of picnic tables and grass for the kids to play in. It was rather windy, but all in all it turned out pretty good. Avery wasn't very fond of the singing she ended up crying for some reason when we sang happy birthday to her, silly girl. But she enjoyed her cake, and really enjoyed her presents. It was a long day, but a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone who helped make her day special.


3 comments:

Bec said...

Happy Birthday, Avery! :)

The door decorating is a fantastic idea! Maybe I'll copy you... lol. I especially like her reaction to it all. So cute. You have a beautiful family, Stacie! And you're such a great mommy!

Kellogg Krew said...

Happy Birthday Avery!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Seems like all of my family was partying together this weekend...except me. Don't feel sorry for me, I like to whine about it!!!
Love ya,
Trina

Rusten,Danae & Munchkins said...

Happy Birthday Avery! Time goes by way to fast!! Weren't we just getting ready for stake dances not very long ago? LOL