Thursday, September 18, 2008

Random Updates

I just thought since it has been a while since I last posted that I would try to take some time and update everyone on our family.

Dave's business is still trucking along. I do believe that at times he is very overwhelmed and streched to thin with work, school, scouts, and his demanding wife and children. Poor guy doesn't stand a chance, but he is hanging in there. He continues to get a steady flow of orders, if only we could get people to pay up. That is our only hang up. In reality they can wait until the property closes before they send Dave his money, so that keeps us waiting quite a bit. It will just take some getting use to. All in all he is becoming a very successful business man.

If it is possible Avery gets more spunky and smart every day. She is always catching us off guard with her quick whit and her shinning personality. Last night she was able to go with Dave to scouts. This is one of her favorite things to do when Dad can actually take her. She loves to go and see the boys. Dave was incharge of the combined activity and he made a miniture golf course in the church house. One of the holes was in the nursery and when they got there Avery got so excited and said "This my room" Dave actually had a hard time getting her to leave. She is becoming a very good helper. One of her favorite things to do is to help me with the laundry. She gets her own basket and enjoys sorting her and Emmabelle's clothes into the correct piles. She is actually pretty good at it. A few days ago we had a pretty good storm roll through the valley and afterwards Avery and I went outside and played in the puddles. It took a little coaxing but once she got in she loved it and was covered from head to toe in mud.
Grandma Mortensen came to visit us last weekend and Avery had been doing so good on the potty that she decided to buy her some Big Girl Panties. I will point out that HAD is the operative word here. I think I have missed my window, because now I can't even get her to sit on the potty. I didn't want to push it and I really think I should have. That dang hind sight. So what do children that don't intend to wear panties do?That's right they become head ornaments. Needless to say the panties have been put away and we are full fledged diaper girl again. What a bummer.

As for our little Miss Emmabelle, she is just growing like a weed. She had her four month check-up this week, and she weighs in at 13lbs 7oz, and is 24 1/4 in long. She is holding steady in the 50th percentile. Her doctor even called her an over achiever since she hasn't even faltered on the growth curve. She also cut her first tooth a couple days ago. Thank heavens. She was getting pretty cranky. And eventhough I am "not suppose" to start her on solids for two more months we decided to just not hear that part. I do have to say it was getting pretty ridiculous. She was waking up every two to three hours wanting to eat. Now I am glad to say that with a rice bottle before bed she is waking up only once. I even tried spoon feeding her the other day and she did a pretty good job. Dave was sad to see her in her high chair eating from a spoon, but I thought she looked pretty cute. She has also found her feet, so she has reached a few of her milestones this past month. Our baby is growing so fast.

Don't let the face fool you. She really did enjoy it.

Her feet have become one of her favorite toys. The only problem is she gets upset when she can't get them to her mouth.

As for me I continue to try and focus on the many blessings in my life. I find that if I look at all the wonderful things in my life the bad things don't seem so bad. Faith is becoming a bigger part of my life and I am grateful for the trials that test my faith daily. I love being able to stay home and raise my children and I hope that I can do the job that my Heavenly Father would like me to do. Somedays it seems impossible, but then there are days that Avery does something little that lets me know that she is learning and I am getting through to her.

1 comment:

Bec said...

Thanks for the updates! You all sound like you're doing well. A few (more) comments:

- I DID get your message on my birthday, and it made my day! You're so sweet to remember. Thanks.

-We started James on rice cereal at 4 months... that's what we were told to do. He had rice cereal about once or maybe twice a day for a while. He didn't have fruits/veggies until he was around 6 months, though... veggies first, then fruit a while later. So- my point: you're doing fine.

Cute family! Keep up the good work!