Saturday, January 17, 2009

Emmabelle is 8 Months

Emmabelle has reached the 8 month mark. Time is flying so fast. I feel like I don't even have time to enjoy all she is accomplishing and learning. My baby just isn't a baby anymore. She has very quickly reach pre-toddlerhood. I guess that is what you would call it. She is now around 17lbs or so. We have only weighed her on our scale at home. I have been a slacker at taking her to the doctor. All I know is that she is quickly catching up to her sister who is around the 20lb mark.

She loves pulling up on the laundry basket. This is what she first started to pull up on. When it isn't full enough to pull up on I just let her play in it and she loves it just as much.
She has accomplished quite a bit. She now has 7 teeth, four on top and three on bottom. She is a full on crawler and she pulls up on anything that she can and is also walking along furniture. She is even starting to attempt to let go. She thinks she is so big. I know that she really just wants to chase after her big sister.

She is also good at pulling up on the recliner. Her favorite thing to do here is to blow on the leather and make funny noises. She will also do this on your arm if she gets the chance, you just can't mind a little drool.
She loves being outside. I usually keep her in one of her bouncers, but she also loves to play in the dirt, and loves to eat it. She really likes going for rides in the wagon. She would spend all day outside if she could.

She love's anything that has to do with Avery. Avery can make Emmabelle laugh at the drop of a hat. Sometimes Avery just has to look at Emmabelle and she will just start busting up laughing. Avery is really good about it all until Emmabelle pulls her hair, or tackles her attempting to pull herself up on her. Avery isn't quite strong enough to hold Emmabelle's weight.

If Emmabelle is doing it, Avery is doing it. Avery loves her sister so much and just wants to be with her all the time. I think it is so sweet. Sometimes I think it is mostly because she wants the attention, but either way she loves playing with Emmabelle and helping take care of her. She is a great big sister.
She gets so excited when it is bath time. She likes to splash and blow bubbles in the water. We have cups in there for them to play with and she fills it with water and blows bubbles in the cup. It is really cute.
We are starting to learn about her temper. She is developing that really well also. She will get so mad, she either lays on her back and screams and throws her legs around, or she will lay on her tummy put her face in her hands whine and kick her feet. I have to admit I think it is so cute. We will see how long that lasts though.

She has such a sweet spirit. She can always melt my heart. She has this cheesy little grin that I adore. She is so full of life and I can't imagine our home with out her. I have been very blessed with two wonderful children. Although my patience is tried I feel so blessed for what I have.
I did a little photo shoot with the girls and realized I never posted the pictures. It was really fun to do, I just wish I was better at it. I would really like to get a better camera and learn photography. Maybe someday. Here are a couple picture of Avery. These are her two year pictures.

2 comments:

Rob said...

Way cute you guys!! It's been a while but I saw your blog on Cassie's site!! I have mine set to private so if you e-mail me with your address I will add you to my Readers list!! :) ~Robin (Richins) Gore

zachariasgore@hotmail.com

Nicole said...

HEY! Cute blog! I posted a few pictures of Avery and Brooke from the park. They are fun!