Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Avery is such a big girl!

I just wanted to say how proud of Avery I am. The last couple of days she has had the signs of a cold coming on. She had a fever and runny nose, and then a yesterday she started showing the signs of pink eye. So we decided to take her to the doctor to get it treated. Those of you that really know Avery she is somewhat on the sensitive side and kind of a chicken. She has never really liked the doctors office. I can't really blame her though for the first handful of doctors visits they go to it has nothing to do with being sick and everything to do with shots. Anyways, she did such a great job yesterday at the doctors office. She hardly even whined. Most the time she is in tears while we are waiting in the exam room for the doctor to show up, and it just escalates from there. Even when I have just taken her with me to one of Emmabelle's appointments she crys. The doctor doesn't even touch her there. She weighed in at a whopping 22.5 lbs. We did get a prescription for the eye, but when I went to drop it off and they told me that I would have to fork out $80, twice as much as the visit to the doctor itself, we decided to just let it run its course. One of the perks of owning your own business, no insurance. Anyway, I just thought it was such a milestone for her anyway. As a mother you take all the progress you can get. I love her to death and I wouldn't change a thing about her, but all the crying and whining sure can take it's toll on you.

PS. Emmabelle has learned to clap. She has finally mastered it. I have been waiting and waiting for it. I think it is one of the cutest things when a baby gets so excited and starts to clap. She thinks she is just the greatest too. So far with my two girls I have decided that this age is my favorite. They learn so much and change so much it really feels very rewarding as a mom.

No comments: