Thursday, February 19, 2009

President's Day Weekend

This last weekend the girls and I were able to go and visit Papa and Grandma Mortensen. Dave was super busy and needed to focus extra hard on his work so he kicked us out of the house and what better place to go than the grandparents house. Avery loves going to visit her grandparents. I always take my camera, but then fail to take pictures so once again there is nothing to show for the weekend. We didn't do much just visit and play.

We were able to go see Trina and her family. They have been working hard to get settled into their house. It was really good to see them again though. Avery was terrified of Levi. He kept trying to give her hugs and play with her, but she just didn't like the idea of that. She would come running and crying to myself or grandma to save her. Beau was the cutest about it. He acted as her protector. He would stand right by her and any time Levi came after her he would stand between them and keep Levi away from her. He even started putting his arm around her. I thought it was adorable.

We stayed through Monday afternoon. Other than the sleepless nights, and thanks to my mom I got more sleep than I should have, it was a very good weekend. I always enjoy going over there and not having to worry about anything.

No comments: