Wednesday, September 1, 2010

For the forth of July this year the girls and I went with my family to the Cabin.  Dave had to work so he wasn't able to come with us.  It was a lot of fun and here are some of the things we did.  We went to the parade on Saturday morning.  It was a really good parade.  At times it was a little too loud and the girls didn't like it, but all in all they had a really good time.  Emmabelle spent most of it in hiding.  She hid behind the stroller and watched it from there.  Avery liked the floats that handed out candy, but got upset because she wasn't fast enough to get it. The weather was great.  I was so glad we weren't in Safford where it was high ninetys to low hundreds.
Waiting for the parade to arrive.
The anticipation is too much.
Avery with Grandma Mortensen
Nicole, Clint, and Marshall
Steve Owens, Lori, and Emmabelle in hiding
Waiting for the candy.
Grandma coaxed her out.
The coolest float ever.  Wait for it...
Stand Up for the Constitution.
On Monday the fifth we went to Reservation Lake.  It was lots of fun except we all forgot sunscreen and got a little toasted.

She loved the water, but wasn't so fond of the wind.
I was really proud of Avery on Sunday she set a really good example for all of us.  She really wanted to go to primary so my Mom and I stayed so that she could go to primary.  I just couldn't justify telling her she couldn't go that is where she should be and she did great.  She went all by herself and stayed the whole time.  I guess I am doing something right, or maybe I should give the credit to primary.

1 comment:

Bec said...

That float IS pretty impressive! :) It looks like you guys had lots of fun. And good for you, being brave enough to venture out without the hubby. (I'm generally not as brave.)