Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Potty trained kid

We are now officially a diaper free home.  Emmabelle took the leap out of diapers.  For the longest time I wasn't sure it was going to be very easy to potty train her.  She didn't want to sit on the potty seat.  So we bought a small pool for the kids and told Emmabelle that she couldn't pee in the pool.  Of course she did a couple of times, but then she caught on and started to tell us that she needed to go to the bathroom.  I would get her out and say lets go sit on the potty.  She didn't want to so being outside and in a swim suit I just told her to pee on the ground.  After a couple times of being successful by getting out of the pool and peeing on the ground I said that is it if you can do this you can pee in the potty.  I gave away most of the diapers and put her in big girl panties.  Gummy bears where her treat and that was all it took.  She has only had a couple of accidents.  It was a little more difficult to get her to poop on the potty, but after bribing her with makeup like Avery's which was really just lip gloss, she was successful.  It ended up being a lot easier than I thought and I am so glad to get rid of that expense.

No comments: