Sunday, July 20, 2008

Avery's New Bathtub

When Grandpa and Grandma Hartman were down here last time they were nice enough to bring Avery a baby pool. Unfortunatly Avery wanted nothing to do with it. You see I decided that it would be fun for Avery and I to take a Parent/Tot class together at the public pool this year. Initially thinking that it would be some good quality time for us to spend together I was all excited about it. To my dismay it didn't turn out that way at all. Avery hated it completely and it left her pretty tramatized. It was a little more agressive than I expected. We only went for one of the two weeks. We would say the word swimming and Avery would have a complete meltdown (much like the one she throws every Sunday when the closing song begins, I will explain later). Avery hasn't gotten back into a big pool ever since, but I am glad to say that she will get in and has a great time in her bathtub as she calls it. I filled it up for Marcy's birthday party and since Avery wouldn't get her swim suit on she eventually made her way in fully clothed and now I even have her back in a swim suit and sitting in the water.


I often wonder how smart I really was as a child. Avery just amazes me at how smart she really is. Avery has been in nursery now for four months and she knows when it is coming. We literally have to remove her from the chapel before the closing song is over because she knows what is next and has a complete meltdown and that involves screaming at the top of her lungs. The whole congregation is staring in our direction. It has even gotten so bad that last week we had to sit in the foyer because she started screaming as we were walking in. Dave gave her a good talking to this week so she did a little better. We were able to sit in the chapel, but we have to be careful where we sit because if we sit near her nursery leaders she gets very anxious and looks at them saying "no take you" which means don't take me. The crazy thing is once she gets there after a few minutes of crying she is perfectly fine. She loves it and has so much fun playing, and when I get to the door she says "mommy come back". That is also a phrase she says throughout the week when the subject of nursery comes up or playing comes up she gets a smile on her face and says "mommy come back", I reply by saying "yes Avery I did come back I will always come back for you".

Here are a few more pictures of the girls from the past week or so that I thought were cute. Hope you enjoy them as well.

Avery loves to hold her little sister.

She also likes to have Emmabelle sit by her.

Avery found a bandana so Dave put it on her. Poor thing it made her ears stick out even more. But she sure is cute.

Just some good smiles from Emmabelle. She is getting really good at it.

Emmabelle with her favorite rattle. And a halo compliments of her big sister. She is quite the little angel though.

2 comments:

Bec said...

James has a toy like that one, and he loved it, too! Not sure what's so great about it, but it was one of his faves for sure. Your girls are cute... as is the new "tub." :)

Jason & Shannon said...

Avery cracks me up!! She really is super smart. I have been trying not to even make eye contact with her during sacrament to see if that would help but she is still too smart. As soon as that song starts playing she knows.