Sunday, July 20, 2008

Over the Weekend

Well this last weekend was a fun one for our family. I decided that it was time that I had some new clothing so we went to the valley for a big shopping trip. We left on Friday afternoon. We were able to have dinner with our good friends Scott and Stephanie Jones. They have a little boy that is a few months older than Avery. His name is Orren, but Avery calls him Orange it is rather cute. They are also expecting a new addition to their family any day. We went to the famous Joe's BBQ. It was so good to see and visit with them.

As usual we were able to stay with Dave's brother James and his family. It is so nice to be able to spend time with them. We love that Avery gets to play with her cousins. I am sure that they will grow up to be good friends. Here is a picture of all the Hartman grandkids.

So Dave and I decided or learned the hard way I should say that we will never go extensive clothes shopping as a family again. It was definately a long and challenging day. I am very surprised to say that Emmabelle was the good one. Avery was so grouchy and tired that it made things pretty difficult. All she wanted to do was go home and be in her bed. She kept telling us it was time to go home. After a full day of shopping I am sad to say that I only purchased two articles of clothing for myself. I was successful in getting Avery's shopping done, but I was pretty disapointed that I didn't achieve my full goal. Now I am bound for Tucson this next weekend to finish what I started, and Dave is staying home with the kids. But it was still nice to be able to spent some quality time with my family that I love so dearly.

1 comment:

Bec said...

Stacie, you are brave! I have a mall and a Ross and all that here in town, and I still almost NEVER take James with me (assuming I go at all... I've never been a fan of shopping, really-- hence my wornout wardrobe). Seriously, a trip to Walmart is pushing it, and I don't have to try on my vegetables! At least you had your hubby along with you. That probably helped. But yes, you're brave.