Sunday, May 31, 2009

Kids Update

I just wanted to do a little update on some of the things the kids have been doing or have said. I think it is nice to have those things recorded somewhere and what better place than here.

Avery always says the cutest things and most the time I forget them before I get them written down, but luckily she does it enough that I have some record of the things she says. She was playing with her dad the other evening and he was taking her nose away and she was getting all in a huff telling him to give it back because she needed it. He asked her why she needed it and she proceeded to list the things that she smells with it. Dave's favorite was snunks (skunks). Today in the car she got a worried tone to her voice as she said mom there is a bosquito on your seat. I will sadly confess I have a TV aholic in my daughter and as we were driving home today she asked me if she could watch a show when we got home at this point we were probably at Apache Jct. I told her we would discuss it when we got home. Then she said Mom if you say no then you say no ok. She has this weird way of putting things. Another example is: Mom when I need you I need you ok. It has taken me a while to put together where she gets this from but I have finally decided that she is trying to mimic when I say: When I say no I mean no, or Avery I will call you when I need you. That is the closest I can guess to where she is going with that kind of talk. She is learning new things every day and is such a big helper. I love watching her grow and learn. This last week we signed her up for the College for kids at EAC. I am excited to take her to that the second week of June.

Emmabelle is such a little sponge. She will try any word you throw at her. Some new words to her vocabulary are ball, grandma, papa, and thank you. She has also gotten better at signing thank you. She will also sign baby. We were at the wedding reception and she found a baby and I told her it was a baby and she rocked her arms back and forth. It was so cute and unexpected. We had taught her the sign before, but it isn't something we sign a lot. She has been sick all this last week and we are getting pretty tired of it. She ran a fever for about 4 days the fever is gone, but she still coughs alot and has a nasty runny nose. I hate sick kids.

No comments: