Wednesday, October 29, 2008

First Fight with Cactus

So on Tuesday mornings I take the girls to the library for story time. It is just something that we do to get out of the house, and Avery really enjoys playing with the other kids. So a couple Tuesday's ago we had to share the car with Dave, we only have one car at the moment so sometimes we have to get creative. I decided that just in case he wasn't done looking at the house before we were done with story time that I would take the stroller and we would just walk home. So we were about a block away from the house and there is a house on the corner that has cactus. I new what the likely-hood of Avery getting into it would be so I made her walk on the other side of me so she wouldn't be tempted to touch it. We started turning the corner and I headed to cross the street and she was a little bit behind me and I wasn't paying attention very well because she went up and brushed her hand on one of the cactuses. I am not sure the type of cactus it was, but it almost lookes like a prickly pear cactus, but it has little fuzzy needles instead of the big long ones so of course she has all of these tiny little needles in her hand. She doesn't even realize what happend, I don't think it really hurt her, but by the time I had made a big deal of it she was in tears and whining. Luckily Dave pulled up right after it happened so he drove her home while I finished walking with Emmabelle in the stroller. This is how I found them when I got home.
The picture doesn't show it, but Avery is standing on the table. She was a good sport about it all and luckily it really didn't hurt her.

1 comment:

Bec said...

That picture of the two of them is probably the cutest one I've seen so far! They look like they just got caught in mischief... and their smile is exactly the same! So, so cute!