Saturday, October 18, 2008

Friend Vs. Parent

So the age old question was brought up in my house today, can you be both parent and friend. If you ask Avery you can't. Avery is constantly talking about her friends. Which in her case any child that she sees is her friend. When we see them in the store or randomly on the street she says look there's my friend. Anyways, this morning at breakfast she was once again talking about her friends and asked me "Mommy are you my friend?" Of course I answered "Yes, Avery I am your friend." She quickly came back, "No you not friend you Mommy." So there you have it. You can't be both friend and Mommy. It kind of made me a little sad, but then again I guess they need to know that there is a difference to some point. Hopefully when she is a little older we will be able to revisit the issue.

3 comments:

Bec said...

That would make me sad, too. But I guess it is good that she can decifer (sp?) the difference. Growing pains are those of a mommy for sure!

girltrapped said...

I'd rather be a "mommy" any day. Friends come and go! But "mommies" we are here to stay!

Westover Bunch said...

Your family is so adorable they are growing so much!! We will have to come down and see you guys soon!! Im so glad we have your blog now so we can keep up!!
Matt and Amanda